Linggo, Enero 22, 2012

Of Mice and Men AND of Hair Rebonding


I went for hair rebonding.

My two girls initially agreed to go with me because of the prospects of getting their nails done (talk about bribery!!)...Eventually, when they couldn’t wait any longer, they bid me farewell...and told me, they’ll see me at the house...lol

But ,girls, who would look after me? While rebonding?!

Anyway, despite my plea, they left me...6 hours waiting for their mom doesn’t fit their schedule... ( And they’re just 8 and 13 years old.)

While waiting for time to pass by, I read my baby’s book Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. (One and half times over, btw).


The book was published in 1937. This book was one of the author’s more popular books along with The Pearl, Grapes of Wrath, East of Eden and others.  The author also won the Pulitzer Prize and Nobel Prize for literature for some of his works.

Ages ago, I did a book report on this.

But today, I kinda needed to google some of the words. (Looking it up the dictionary seemed old fashioned, don’t you think?!) I needed to find meanings of “buck barley”, “looloo” and “googoo”...while being a mom...I kinda just get poopoo, peepee and weewee   a lot.

Of Mice and Men is a tragic story .  But i’d recommend this for my kids' book report and your kids too. (It’s  short!!)


2 komento:

Anne @ Green Eggs and Moms ayon kay ...

The reason I chose Of Mice and Men in highschool for my book report was because it was the thinnest book among the selection. I love reading but I don't enjoy the classics.

gen ayon kay ...

the biggest advantage of classics is you can wiki them for stuff you need for the report. it's well written about.talk about cheats;)