Lunes, Disyembre 19, 2011

National



Some moms like to impress me with how smart their kids are when they come to the clinic...

“Anak, what’s the national tree?,” mom starts asking,

And before you know it, I’m the one quizzing up the child...”Wow, ang galing! Eh, do you know what the national flower is? How about the national fruit? And so on”. They answer successive questions without faltering ha. Smart naman talaga...

So, today, here is a another nanay, “Anak , Tell doctora who the national hero is...” said the mother.

I smiled and encouraged her enthusiastically, “Yes iha, tell me who the national hero is” I added, (I was thinking of asking what the national bird is next )...

She said “ Doctora Enriquez!” without hesitation...

“What?!!” I started laughing...”why is that?”

Apparently, when they say that Dr Jose Rizal is the National Hero...She doesn’t believe them...because as far as she can tell ...I’m the only doctor she knows...LOL.

(Or baka naman, I smell like the National flower , or the National ulam ?!)

1 komento:

Anne @ Green Eggs and Moms ayon kay ...

This is really funny! Don't you just love how kids think? :)